"Showtime Anytime" channel added to the Apple TV lineup
With each passing month, Apple continues to flesh out the offerings available to Apple TV users. Earlier this week, Apple added "Showtime Anytime" -- Showtime's on-demand video service -- to its ever increasing lineup of compelling channels. Much like HBO Go, the app is accessible to subscribers only.
In addition to enabling users catch up on old episodes of hit shows like Dexter and Homeland, the channel will also let users stream content live as it's being broadcast on Showtime.
The press release reads in part:
Today, Showtime Networks announced the launch of SHOWTIME ANYTIME on Apple TV, giving SHOWTIME subscribers unlimited on demand access to hundreds of hours of programming, as well as the live broadcast of the network's East and West Coast feeds. SHOWTIME ANYTIME on Apple TV is available for free to all device owners who subscribe to SHOWTIME through participating television providers.
"We are excited to offer our subscribers access to SHOWTIME ANYTIME on Apple TV," said Tom Christie, President, Distribution, Business Development, and Network Operations, Showtime Networks Inc. "After the response we've seen from our iPhone and iPad apps, as well as our shows on iTunes, it's great to expand the availability of SHOWTIME ANYTIME to another terrific Apple product."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options