London Mac User Group doing the 9/9 Apple keynote in style
Every year as the seasons begin to change, Apple has an event or two scheduled to announce the latest additions to the product line. And like clockwork, the London (UK) Mac User Group (LMUG) schedules a fun event for its members and others who want the excitement of being in Cupertino – without the long flight and jet lag. This year on September 9, LMUG has a special event scheduled to start at 1730 "in the Groovy Wonderland at the Tiger Tiger Nightclub just off Piccadilly in Central London. "
With a club name like that, we'd expect Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery to be the emcee. Steve Naybour of LMUG says that they picked Tiger Tiger – one of the largest nightclubs in London – to accommodate the every-growing crowds attending the keynotes. The venue of state-of-the-art sound system and Naybour says that "Tim has never sounded so good!"
Another LMUG tradition is keynote bingo, with valuable prizes. They have the bingo cards for this year's event under wraps in a "secret London location" until the night of the keynote, so there will be no way for attendees to attempt to gain an advantage. To give you an example of what one of the keynote bingo cards looks like, the one below was from the iPhone 5s event last year:
There's a special Happy Hour planned, and the bar will be serving food all night. You will need to RSVP for the event on Meetup – if you're thinking of attending, be sure to respond quickly!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync