Video: How to easily make your own ringtones in GarageBand for iOS
While the iPhone's standard ringtones certainly have their respective charms there's nothing quite like picking your own ringtones. It's your own little inside joke whenever your Grandmother calls and David Bowie's "Space Oddity" plays or you get a ring from the boss set to the "Imperial March." Thanks to the power of GarageBand the world of custom ringtones can be your oyster. You don't even need to mess with iTunes or a computer. You can do it all from your phone.
This video shows how you can easily make your own ringtones using the free iOS GarageBand software available in iTunes. If you've owned an iPhone for years this may be old hat to you, but considering Apple sells millions of phones a year there are still readers who still haven't learned this trick. Once you're done with the video continue reading for a quick tutorial on how to assign your new ringtones to specific people.
Here's how to set a personalize ringtone for a friend.
Step 1: Go to contacts and select the contact you'd like to set the ringtone for.
Step 2: Once inside the contact info hit Edit
Step 3: Scroll down until you see Ringtone and select the option.
Step 4: Select the song you're looking for and hit done. Your ringtone is now set.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)