UK judge: Galaxy Tab "not as cool" as iPad
Samsung was handed a win in its ongoing battle with Apple over the Galaxy Tab 10.1, according to a report in Bloomberg. UK judge Colin Birss issued a ruling on Monday that said the Tab 10.1 does not infringe on Apple's design. The judge said customers are not likely to confuse the two devices because the Galaxy tablets "do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design." "They are not as cool," he added. Birss also pointed out that the Samsung tablet was thinner than the iPad and had "unusual details" on the back of the device. Apple has 21 days to respond to this decision.
Samsung was handed a win in its ongoing battle with Apple over the Galaxy Tab 10.1, according to a report in Bloomberg. UK judge Colin...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs