Path is paying handsomely for allowing minors under the age of 13 years old to sign up for its service. According to a statement released Friday, Path has settled with the FTC over an alleged violation of the Children's Online Privacy Protections Act (COPPA) involving 3,000 underage accounts....
App developers writing applications that target children have to be very careful when they collect and store information about their users. They may find themselves the subject of an FTC investigation. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires websites and other online...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature