Path is paying handsomely for allowing minors under the age of 13 years old to sign up for its service. According to a statement released Friday, Path has settled with the FTC over an alleged violation of the Children's Online Privacy Protections Act (COPPA) involving 3,000 underage accounts....
App developers writing applications that target children have to be very careful when they collect and store information about their users. They may find themselves the subject of an FTC investigation. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires websites and other online...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options