TUAW has previous published lists of car manufacturers that are building support for Apple CarPlay into new vehicles, but now The Verge reports seeing the 2016 Chevrolet Volt on the floor at this week's North American International Auto Show in Detroit and can verify that the plug-in hybrid will...
Rather than offer proprietary in-car navigation solutions, auto makers Ford and Chevy are looking to smartphones for their driver's navigation needs, says a report in the New York Times. Ford is working with Telenav on a solution that will let smartphone owners connect their phone-based maps ap...
Want to check the charge on your electric car? There's going to be an app for that -- our friends at Engadget report that the upcoming Chevy Volt plug-in hybrid electric car will have an iPhone app that goes along with it. Features aren't firmed up yet, but ideas being passed around after a demo at...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter