Apple released the 2012 update of its environmental policy pages and notes that the company is now using 100 percent renewable energy sources -- solar, wind, hydro and geothermal -- at its data centers. The 100 percent renewable energy figure was also achieved at facilities in Austin, Texas; ...
The first phase of Apple's fuel cell project at the Maiden, NC data center began testing in October of 2012, and the company is already looking at doubling the capacity of the plant. The plant is fueled by filtered landfill gas (AKA "directed biogas"), a fuel that is considered a renewable ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7