Nokia released HERE Maps for iOS this morning, and in baseball parlance I would call it a swing and a miss. People are eager for a viable alternative to the much maligned Apple Maps app, but HERE Maps is no holy grail. Nokia is not new to the mapping business. They own NAVTEQ, which powers a ...
Last week, Nokia announced that it was bringing a mapping solution to iOS and now that app is available in the iOS App Store. Nokia Here is a free, universal app that's powered by Nokia's NAVTEQ mapping data. It includes a garden variety of views like map view, live traffic view, public ...
PC Pro UK has a fascinating article about the navigational maps we use on our devices and how they are made. This behind-the-scenes look examines how the four biggest digital map providers maintain their vast repository of information. Nokia-owned Navteq has a database that includes 24 ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs