John Paczkowski of AllThingsD has an interesting story this morning, noting that PC shipment data released by NPD DisplaySearch indicates that tablets like the iPad will outship notebooks this year. That statistic once again points out how prescient late Apple CEO Steve Jobs was about the...
According to an NPD DisplaySearch report, Apple was the top mobile PC vendor for the fourth quarter of 2011 and the rest of the year -- if you consider iPads to be mobile PCs. In the fourth quarter, Apple shipped almost 23.4 million MacBooks and iPads, and over 62.8 million for the entire year....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options