ComputerWorld has an interesting article up about how the various flavors of Linux are working, or not working, towards running on the new Intel Macs. Since the chips in the new Macs use the relatively new EFI (the successor to BIOS) most Linux distros will not work on the Intel Macs, yet. Ubuntu,...
They haven't mentioned exactly HOW they will make Red Hat Linux boot on the new Intel-based Macs, but a Red Hat spokesperson has confirmed they are committed to creating a distro for the new hardware. This may take a while because they haven't yet purchased any Intel Macs. Secondly Red Hat Fedora...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more