Security researcher Charlie Miller discovered a potential vulnerability affecting the batteries within select MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models. The firmware on the chipset that controls the battery is secured with a single, easy to break default password. Once a hacker has this...
Computerworld reports that security researchers from CoreLabs have publicly released details on a critical security flaw in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, an older version of the Mac's operating system. Curiously, the security flaw in Leopard is quite similar to a flaw we reported on back in August, which...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows