The latest Apple TV was torn down recently, but it still has a surprise or two up its sleeve. According to a report in Chipworks, the 2012 unit has a dual-core A5 chip that's only using one of its two cores. They discovered it's actually the same 32nm SoC found in newer iPad 2 units. You can ...
Apple may drop Samsung and switch to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) for the production of its next generation A6 chipset. The Cupertino Company is reportedly working with TSMC to move to a 28 nm ARM SoC in 2012. Rumors of this TSMC partnership surfaced earlier this year ...
While much of the speculation over the iPad's Apple A4 CPU has been focused on the fact that it was a system-on-a-chip (SoC) designed by the minds acquired from P.A. Semi, Ars Technica's Jon Stokes has another take on the story. In a Sunday post, Stokes (who claims to have an inside scoop) notes ...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements