For those who don't obsessively refresh Engadget, UMPC stands for 'Ultra-Mobile PC' - an emerging hardware form factor for a device smaller and more mobile than a notebook, but nowhere near pocketable (by any stretch of the imagination) like a PDA or iPod. For now it's definitely a niche device (mo...
Way back in March Dave Caolo wrote a post called 'I already have an Ultra-Mobile PC: It's called a Newton' with tongue planted firmly in cheek. It would seem that Cnet UK agrees with Dave. They pitted a Messagepad 2100 against a Samsung Q1 and unbelievably the Newton won. It won based on battery lif...
Yes, everyone's going crazy over the Ultra-Mobile PC (UMPC), the new class of handheld devices that run Windows XP and are supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread (sliced bread with two and a half hours of battery life, but that's a different story). I don't know what all the hype is about,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)