In the Apple world, UTI refers to universal type identifiers. It's a hierarchical system that has replaced MIME types and file extensions to describe types of data, whether applications or images, movies or audio. They were first introduced in OS X 10.4 and now are used across both iOS and OS X. U...
If you open and close many files throughout the course of a day, at some point you may forget what you named a file or even which program you used to create or open a file. Recent Menu from developer Tim Schroeder addresses this annoyance with a menu item app. Most programs include an Open Recent c...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter