NPR hits up the issue of Mac hacking (the bad malware kind, not the good kind), and suggests that Macs are supposedly becoming a bigger target for exploitative folk. While this is a topic that could easily (and does often) degenerate into complete misinformation and FUD, NPR basically acknowledges...
ZDNet reports that AVG, known for its free Windows antivirus tool, is busy developing an OS X version. Possibly. The company isn't sure whether the product will ever launch. Larry Bridwell of AVG's parent company Grisoft said "[W]e have done the [Linux] BSD version, which makes it a little bit...
Symantec is aware of the flaw that is in almost all of their software (that's gotta hurt) and the most recent virus definitions include a 'heuristic detection for potential exploits of the Symantec decomposer RAR archive vulnerability.' What the heck does that mean? The vulnerability can only be...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Runtastic 5.0 update brings redesign, hydration monitoring and more to the fitness app
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates
- Daily App: Snippit mixes music with photos in a very social way
- Sonos announces new controller apps for Mac and iOS
- Tipbit relaunches with smart search and Evernote integration to help make your digital life simpler
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations