NPR hits up the issue of Mac hacking (the bad malware kind, not the good kind), and suggests that Macs are supposedly becoming a bigger target for exploitative folk. While this is a topic that could easily (and does often) degenerate into complete misinformation and FUD, NPR basically acknowledges t...
ZDNet reports that AVG, known for its free Windows antivirus tool, is busy developing an OS X version. Possibly. The company isn't sure whether the product will ever launch. Larry Bridwell of AVG's parent company Grisoft said "[W]e have done the [Linux] BSD version, which makes it a little bit easie...
Symantec is aware of the flaw that is in almost all of their software (that's gotta hurt) and the most recent virus definitions include a 'heuristic detection for potential exploits of the Symantec decomposer RAR archive vulnerability.' What the heck does that mean? The vulnerability can only be exp...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV