Apple Senior Manager Wei-han Lien let slip that teams acquired with the purchase of PA Semi are working on an ARM-based processor for the iPhone, and possibly other devices, according to The New York Times. While not a huge surprise, as Steve himself said that's what the former PA Semi staff was...
Yummy news on the chip front today. (Not so much on the fish front, but Apple's never been big on the iCod.) Samsung recently introduced the S3C6410, a hybrid processor that merges a sweet 667MHZ ARM CPU with a cool multi-format video decoder that handles H.264, MPEG-4 and VC-1. By offloading all...
InformationWeek reports that Warren East, president and CEO of ARM Holdings, confirmed that the iPhone will use at least three ARM processors. The main CPU will reportedly be a PXA320. So does this tell us anything new and important about the iPhone internals? Er, probably not much. But for those...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV