The AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard (US$0.99 for the next few weeks) is the latest in the growing field of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) devices available for the iPhone, iPod touch and (best of all) the iPad. An AAC device allows the autistic or vocally challenged to communicate...
In 1995 Dr. Norman Coombs, a blind professor of history at the Rochester Institute of Technology and chairman of EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information wrote that the rapid adoption of a graphical user interface (GUI) would close the door on computing for the visually impaired. This was in...
Proloquo2Go [iTunes Link] is not your usual iPhone/iPod touch app. It turns the mobile device into a full augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) device. According to the AAC Institute, an estimated 2.5 million Americans are speech disabled to the extent that they experience significant...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Runtastic 5.0 update brings redesign, hydration monitoring and more to the fitness app
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates
- Daily App: Snippit mixes music with photos in a very social way
- Sonos announces new controller apps for Mac and iOS
- Tipbit relaunches with smart search and Evernote integration to help make your digital life simpler
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations