Apple has lost its appeal case in Mexico over the naming rights to the iPhone in the country, according to the Wall Street Journal. As we reported in November, in 2009 Apple asked Ifone, a Mexican telecommunications company which registered its name in 2003, to change its name to avoid...
It's the TUAW Daily Update, your source for Apple news in a convenient audio format. You'll get all the top Apple stories of the day in three to five minutes for a quick review of what's happening in the Apple world. You can listen to today's Apple stories by clicking the inline player...
Apple's scheduled release of the iPhone 5 in Mexico might have to be put on hold thanks to a court ruling that could ban sales of iPhone-branded products in the country. iFone, a Mexican telecommunications company which registered its name in 2003, has thus far been on the winning end of a legal...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options