For musicians who use MIDI, it can be difficult and frustrating to get all your MIDI gear to talk to each other, especially all at the same time. Usually you hit some kind of snag, like your USB port not providing enough power to your MIDI device. Or older MIDI gear with 5-pin DIN MIDI ...
I stopped by the iConnectivity booth here at Macworld because I'd heard about a zero-latency MIDI-to-iOS hub they were releasing. As you'll see in the video below -- at least for musicians with MIDI elements in their kit -- it was worth the stop! Using CoreMIDI (iOS 4.2 only), the iConnectMIDI unit ...
It's come to light that the upcoming release of iOS 4.2 (due in November) will support all-out MIDI. According to Mike Keller, writing for PC World, Core MIDI on iOS 4.2 should work just as Core MIDI does on Mac OS X, meaning that your iDevice running iOS 4.2 will communicate with other MIDI ...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad