If you have a Mac that was introduced from mid-2010 on and it has a Mini DisplayPort, Kanex has a couple of solutions that can turn your HDTV or other HDMI-equipped video device into a monitor with full audio pass-through. I recently had a chance to test out two such solutions from Kanex. The...
This morning I spoke with Jessica Cole from Kanex, a two-year-old company which offers many products that add HDMI capability to your Mac. The current generation of their line adds audio pass-through via HDMI. The offerings range between the iAdapt HDMI V2 (US$29.95), a small box that plugs into Min...
I stopped by the Kanex (pronounced "connects," I soon learned) booth to check out their latest product offering: an adapter that lets you plug external HD video (and audio) sources into your 27-inch iMac, which was honored with a Macworld Expo Best In Show award. They demoed the product playing vid...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync