Tag: near-field communication
The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus definitely have NFC functionality, as was confirmed on-stage during the presentation of Apple Pay, but when it comes to using the chip for anything other than Apple's own payment system, it really doesn't have near-field capabilities. As Cult of Mac confirmed with Apple, th...
We've been hearing rumors about an NFC-enabled iPhone and/or iPad for years now, and the song is always the same: "Sources say the next iDevice will have NFC, and it's about time!" Yet here we sit, with a pair of new iPhones just a day from launch, and no NFC in sight. If there's anything the iPh...
Trial production for the iPhone 5 has already started in China, according to speculation from The China Times published on Tuesday. According to the report, Apple's fifth-generation smartphone, expected to launch during the third quarter this year, will feature a metal chassis, more sensitive a...
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter