About 27,000 South Koreans are suing Apple over privacy violations related to Locationgate, the location-tracking scandal that hit Apple earlier this year. Apple revealed that a software bug was collecting location information from cell phone towers and Wi-Fi hotspots and storing it on the p...
South Korea has fined Apple 3 million won (US$2,829) for the company's practice of tracking location information on the iPhone. The Korea Communications Commission investigated Apple after locationgate broke earlier this year. The agency found that Apple continued to collect user's location inf...
Apple has made its first legal payout to an iPhone user after being accused of collecting and storing location data last year. A South Korean man is the recipient, apparently, of a settlement consisting of a whopping 1 million won, which only turns out to be about US$946 (as of this writing). S...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)