About 27,000 South Koreans are suing Apple over privacy violations related to Locationgate, the location-tracking scandal that hit Apple earlier this year. Apple revealed that a software bug was collecting location information from cell phone towers and Wi-Fi hotspots and storing it on the ...
South Korea has fined Apple 3 million won (US$2,829) for the company's practice of tracking location information on the iPhone. The Korea Communications Commission investigated Apple after locationgate broke earlier this year. The agency found that Apple continued to collect user's location ...
Apple has made its first legal payout to an iPhone user after being accused of collecting and storing location data last year. A South Korean man is the recipient, apparently, of a settlement consisting of a whopping 1 million won, which only turns out to be about US$946 (as of this writing). ...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements