If you were a kid in the 1980's you may remember the oddball consumer gaming console called the Vectrex. Notable for it's use of vectors instead of bitmapped graphics (like every other console), the Vectrex never quite took hold but before it was discontinued a number of fun retro games were made ...
Well, it happened -- Thanksgiving was last week, Cyber Monday is today and from here on out, we are neck deep in the holiday season. This time of year is particularly busy on the App Store, as various game developers try to get their best products out during the holiday rush, taking advantage ...
Boy, you casually mention a Vectrex and suddenly you're playing it on your MacBook. That's right, thanks to the other steve jobs, I now know about Vecx. Sure, you have to find your own ROM's, though it does include Mine Storm. Ah, the audio alone brings me back. The developer is even thinking about ...
You can have your Windows games running under Crossover, I'm happy playing Dragon's Lair. Those of you of a certain age will appreciate what I am talking about, for you youngsters out therecheck out this Wikipedia entry for a taste of what awaits you. Thanks to DAPHNE you can finally play all those ...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
Featured Storiesmore stories
I'm never leaving home without my pogo connect again. Love this thing.