VPNs are a staple of corporate life nowadays. They create a secure connection from your computer to your company's computers using a 'Virtual Private Network.' This allows you to access company documents via public networks in a secure fashion. Cisco is a big player in the VPN market, and luckily...
Wednesday is Ask TUAW time! This week we tackle questions on GPS solutions on the Mac, zero-configuration VPN with Hamachi, dealing with a slow starting Mac, as well as a couple of student questions on taking notes and using the Summarize Service, As always, please leave your own comments, and ask...
If you have spent any time in the corporate world you have probably heard of VPN. Virtual Private Networks are a way to securely connect to one network, say your work's network resources, from another place (like your home broadband connection). OS X server has a VPN server baked right in that...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows
- Path gets updates, stand-alone message app