OpenOffice.org scraps plans for Aqua version
Waiting for a native Aqua port of OpenOffice.org 2.0? Don’t hold your breath. A
recent post on the OpenOffice.org site explains that they
will be focusing all development resources on X11 and about zilch on an Aqua port.
Why? “Various licensing, political, and fundamental engineering difficulties,” to name a few. They go on to list several reasons why X11 development is more relevant: it will always be faster to market, more stable, will look like other platforms, and is the ultimate testing tool.
Anyone saddened by this development? Or rather, this lack of development?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows