OpenOffice.org scraps plans for Aqua version
Waiting for a native Aqua port of OpenOffice.org 2.0? Don’t hold your breath. A
recent post on the OpenOffice.org site explains that they
will be focusing all development resources on X11 and about zilch on an Aqua port.
Why? “Various licensing, political, and fundamental engineering difficulties,” to name a few. They go on to list several reasons why X11 development is more relevant: it will always be faster to market, more stable, will look like other platforms, and is the ultimate testing tool.
Anyone saddened by this development? Or rather, this lack of development?
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter