OpenOffice.org scraps plans for Aqua version
Waiting for a native Aqua port of OpenOffice.org 2.0? Don’t hold your breath. A
recent post on the OpenOffice.org site explains that they
will be focusing all development resources on X11 and about zilch on an Aqua port.
Why? “Various licensing, political, and fundamental engineering difficulties,” to name a few. They go on to list several reasons why X11 development is more relevant: it will always be faster to market, more stable, will look like other platforms, and is the ultimate testing tool.
Anyone saddened by this development? Or rather, this lack of development?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)