OpenOffice.org scraps plans for Aqua version
Waiting for a native Aqua port of OpenOffice.org 2.0? Don’t hold your breath. A
recent post on the OpenOffice.org site explains that they
will be focusing all development resources on X11 and about zilch on an Aqua port.
Why? “Various licensing, political, and fundamental engineering difficulties,” to name a few. They go on to list several reasons why X11 development is more relevant: it will always be faster to market, more stable, will look like other platforms, and is the ultimate testing tool.
Anyone saddened by this development? Or rather, this lack of development?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync