A great series on SSH
If you don’t use SSH or SFTP, and instead use telnet or FTP, you’re asking for it. Big time. FTP & telnet send everything - passwords included - in the clear. Not safe at all. But, even if you use SSH (& it’s descendants, SFTP & SCP), there’s always more to learn. SSH offers an incredible amount of cool tricks that enable you to do an amazing amount of stuff. If you want to learn more, check out Brian Hatch’s series of articles on SSH at SecurityFocus. They’re well-written, & Brian definitely knows his stuff. Read ‘em, learn ‘em, live ‘em.
If you don’t use SSH or SFTP, and instead use telnet or FTP, you’re asking for it. Big time. FTP & telnet send everything...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs