A great series on SSH
If you don’t use SSH or SFTP, and instead use telnet or FTP, you’re asking for it. Big time. FTP & telnet send everything - passwords included - in the clear. Not safe at all. But, even if you use SSH (& it’s descendants, SFTP & SCP), there’s always more to learn. SSH offers an incredible amount of cool tricks that enable you to do an amazing amount of stuff. If you want to learn more, check out Brian Hatch’s series of articles on SSH at SecurityFocus. They’re well-written, & Brian definitely knows his stuff. Read ‘em, learn ‘em, live ‘em.
If you don’t use SSH or SFTP, and instead use telnet or FTP, you’re asking for it. Big time. FTP & telnet send everything...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free