A great series on SSH
If you don’t use SSH or SFTP, and instead use telnet or FTP, you’re asking for it. Big time. FTP & telnet send everything - passwords included - in the clear. Not safe at all. But, even if you use SSH (& it’s descendants, SFTP & SCP), there’s always more to learn. SSH offers an incredible amount of cool tricks that enable you to do an amazing amount of stuff. If you want to learn more, check out Brian Hatch’s series of articles on SSH at SecurityFocus. They’re well-written, & Brian definitely knows his stuff. Read ‘em, learn ‘em, live ‘em.
If you don’t use SSH or SFTP, and instead use telnet or FTP, you’re asking for it. Big time. FTP & telnet send everything...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update