Xserve RAID powered by… Intel?!
For years people have suggested that Apple would fare much better if they ported their OS to the Intel platform. The reasoning goes something like this:
- There are lots of Intel boxes out here.
- People don’t like Windows.
- Lots of people would buy Apple’s OS.
- Apple is the new Microsoft
- World Peace.
To settle this debate let me say this: porting OS X to Intel is a horrible idea, and Apple will never do it.
However, that is not to say Apple would never use an Intel chip, because it appears Intel is an integral part of
Apple’s Xserve RAID.
According to CNET the Xserve RAID makes use of Intel’s IOP 331 chip which is used in many similar RAID devices from such companies as IBM and Dell.
This proves one thing and one thing only; Intel will continue to make lots of money for the foreseeable future.
For years people have suggested that Apple would fare much better if they ported their OS to the Intel platform. The reasoning goes...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station