Taco time: mod Jay's eMac
Sitting here surrounded by the guts of my eMac, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to put all these bits of metal and plastic back into the case in a different order, or replace some of them entirely. If it were a second generation machine, priority number one would be overclocking. Since my board isn't jumpered, however, that's out of the question. I'll probably end up leaving this a simple repair job. But if I don't, what should I do with it? Two things jump to mind immediately:
- See if I can dig up the pinouts on the video display, and turn it into a monitor for a Mini, possibly with external FireWire and USB ports.
- Full fledged Taco: strip it bare and replace the innards with a flat screen and a Mini. Wouldn't even be too much work: there's room in there to seat a Mini case whole without even opening it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature