First Impressions: Apple lanyard for iPod nano
I just received my iPod nano lanyard from Apple in the mail today and I've posted a Flickr set at our TUAW account. I ordered this thing only a few days after the nanos were introduced and I just received it today. My initial impressions after walking around the apartment and playing with the cabling are really good, and here are some thoughts:
- This thing's awesome. Seriously.
- Check out the Flickr set for a closeup pic of the actual connector that hooks into the dock and headphone ports. It makes a nice, solid connection that grips the nano well. I'm not worried my nano will accidentally fall off, except for maybe while running, which I wouldn't recommend with this lanyard anyway - an iPod bouncing around on a cable like this probably isn't such a good idea in the first place. On an unrelated note: I know my desk is in need of some touch-up love. This lanyard and ramen trumped the purchase of a can of Pledge this week.
- The lanyard adjusts to a flexible range of lengths. I think just about anyone - short, tall, large or small - should be nice and nerd-stylin' with one of these.
- Some people are reporting the headphones sound better than Apple's standard iPod headphones. I haven't noticed a difference, but they do sound at least just as good.
- Did I mention this thing is awesome?