iPhoto Buddy: Speeds up iPhoto's load time
I came accross a neat freeware app today coded by Rick Neil called iPhoto Buddy. This app allows you to create more than one Library of photos so iPhoto can load more quickly. Each Library can be named, given an icon, and doesn't have to respect chronological time.
If you've been struggling with iPhoto taking a century to load because your Library has more than a couple thousand photos (or you are on a less zippy Mac), fear not, iPhoto Buddy will make your iLife easier.
iPhoto Buddy is compatible with iLife 04, 05, and 06, requires a minimum of OS 10.2.4, and even allows you to import an iPhoto Buddy created Library into iMovie or iDVD.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter