iPhoto Buddy: Speeds up iPhoto's load time
I came accross a neat freeware app today coded by Rick Neil called iPhoto Buddy. This app allows you to create more than one Library of photos so iPhoto can load more quickly. Each Library can be named, given an icon, and doesn't have to respect chronological time.
If you've been struggling with iPhoto taking a century to load because your Library has more than a couple thousand photos (or you are on a less zippy Mac), fear not, iPhoto Buddy will make your iLife easier.
iPhoto Buddy is compatible with iLife 04, 05, and 06, requires a minimum of OS 10.2.4, and even allows you to import an iPhoto Buddy created Library into iMovie or iDVD.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update