Is World of Warcraft now Intel Mac Compatible?
Our own C.K. Sample III posted this morning on WOW Insider hinting at the fact that World of Warcraft as of today may be Intel Mac compatible and no longer require Rosetta. When he logged in this morning, WOW launched an updater to version 184.108.40.20659. Now the comment at the bottom of his login screen which used to mention Rosetta, now notes GCC Intel.
This news comes a few days too late for Blizzard's end-of-January World of Warcraft Intel Mac compatibility predictions. Though I'm sure those of you who play WOW and own an Intel iMac are jumping for joy at this announcement.
All realms of WOW are currently down for maintenance so we will have to wait with bated breath until 11AM PST for someone to actually test WOW on an Intel Mac.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter