Apple's special event a bit of a letdown
Sure it's nice to see the Mac mini go Intel, but if I'm going to splurge on any of the Intel Macs it's more likely to be on a MacBook Pro given my peripatetic lifestyle. The iPod Hi-Fi is a bit of a surprise, but I have to agree with C.K. that the concept is just so '80's. More importantly, the Hi-Fi's price point is too steep for my pocketbook. I'd rather save my $349 bucks toward that MacBook Pro. When Steve first mentioned the leather cases for the iPod with video I was psyched, but for $99 I'd expect to be able to view the screen and access the controls -- neither of which is possible with these cases.
So I'm going home empty-handed and will remain that way until the next big Apple announcement. I may be disappointed now, but I know the letdown is only temporary. I'm sure I'll be the first one in line for the next Apple special event. That is, unless you're there first.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update