WinXP on a Mac Contest is Over; Dual-Booting Success
Contest has been won - updates to follow shortly. All further donations will go into an account to sustain the open source project that will be launched with the initial solution.
"narf2006" and "blanka", the two programmers who claimed a few days ago to have cracked this nut, appear to have written their own bootloader which allows you to select which OS you want to boot from. Screenshots here.
MacRumors is reporting that the solution will soon be available for download and that it will work with the 17" and 20" iMacs, the MacBook Pro, and the new Mac mini.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free