Flickr Find: Mac factory circa 1984
Check out this great shot posted by Flickr user wackymac. Apparently it depicts a Mac assembly line from 1984. He writes:
"This is a photo of the original Macintosh factory in Fremont, California. It was the first of its kind for the computer industry, featuring advanced automated technology with a Just-In-Time manufacturing system. It was Steve Jobs' decision to make this kind of factory for the first Macs. This factory was able to produce a 128k Macintosh every 27 seconds."
You know, the current machines are beautiful, but there's just something about the compact Macs that I'll always love.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)