Flickr Find: Mac factory circa 1984
Check out this great shot posted by Flickr user wackymac. Apparently it depicts a Mac assembly line from 1984. He writes:
"This is a photo of the original Macintosh factory in Fremont, California. It was the first of its kind for the computer industry, featuring advanced automated technology with a Just-In-Time manufacturing system. It was Steve Jobs' decision to make this kind of factory for the first Macs. This factory was able to produce a 128k Macintosh every 27 seconds."
You know, the current machines are beautiful, but there's just something about the compact Macs that I'll always love.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync