For those of you worried about security...
There is a little application I mentioned way back in September 2005: MacScan. Does it work? Well I have no idea, because I don't use it, and I've never heard of any particular spyware for the Mac. Yet somehow a new version is out which protects against "all the latest threats." Like that Dvorak virus? Anyway, MacScan is now a Univeral Binary, so you Intel Maccers can finally rest assured knowing your box is safe. At least, while it's booted into the Mac OS. Aw dang, I just couldn't get through one post without a reference to, uh, what was that thing again? The one that lets you boot into Windows?
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter