iPod Video Content on Blu-Ray Discs?
iPodHub is reporting that Apple is asking movie studios to put video iPod-compatible content on upcoming Blu-ray discs. Apple wants to ensure that there will be a substantial library of content for their existing and future video iPods. Blu-ray discs will hold up to 50GB of data, which should provide enough capacity to include even full-length movies in a video iPod format. Seeing as Apple's already in the Blu-ray camp along with Sony and Disney, this certainly falls within the realm of possibility.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options