StickyBrain 4.1 beta brings serious features to the table
After the release of Yojimbo, you would think that the note-taking and thought-collecting app wars were over. The dust was settling, the spectators were clearing the stands... even the arena lights were dimmed to that "you can go home - now" level.
But then StickyBrain, rising from the ashes, lifted its weapon once again in one of those 'kinda slow-motion, like in a Hollywood action film' ways that signified that it is ready - more than ever - to do battle with its competition.
All dramatics aside, I came across this post at Hawk Wings yesterday about a new StickyBrain 4.1 beta version, and wow does it pack some new features. A couple of them seem blatantly Yojimbo-inspired, but Chronos did a great job baking in some handy new stuff, like:
- A new dock to side of screen called DockNote (pictured)
- Added audio recording capabilities to Audio notes
- colored labels (pictured)
- Support for blogging to platforms that support Atom (hopefully they'll expand this to include other blog APIs in the near future)
- Daily Notes and Journal sections that automatically insert the date in the note's title
- full-screen mode
- printing from any app to a StickyBrain PDF
- support for dragging any type of file to StickyBrain's dock icon
I've been playing with this beta since yesterday afternoon and I have been thoroughly impressed. If you're beginning to drool, check out this forum thread for details on the latest (as of this writing) 4.1 beta 3 version. I definitely recommend checking out this beta (though keep in mind: it's a beta) if you're on the hunt for a feature-packed, streamlined app for collecting your digital stuff.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs