Apple releases Final Cut Express HD 3.5
Apple has released Final Cut Express HD 3.5, what they are calling "a significant upgrade" to their "software solution for video enthusiasts, schools and small businesses". It is now a Universal Binary, and amongst its new features is Dynamic RT for real-time playback of multi-streamed effects and multi-layered HDV. Also, all effects, transitions and motion parameters can now be keyframed and saved as favorites for use on other projects.
A new version of Soundtrack included with Final Cut Express HD 3.5 includes "improved multi-track audio editing and recording tools with tracks, busses, outputs and real-time effects processing just like a professional recording studio". Apple has also improved recording of single and multiple takes for a better way to record and edit dialog and other kinds of performances.
The version of LiveType included with Final Cut Express HD 3.5 has also been upgraded to version 2.1, including 70 new animated objects, 15 new textures and 60 new customizable preset effects for text and titles. With the new LiveFont technology, animated text styles can also now be scaled to any resolution - including HD - "with blazing rendering performance, especially on the new generation of Intel-based Macs". Hint hint.
Final Cut Express HD 3.5 is available now through Apple's online store for $299 USD. Owners of earlier versions can upgrade for $99 USD.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free