Tinkering with Apple portables' light sensors
He taught the Mac world to wonder again by unearthing the secrets of the Sudden Motion sensor and now Amit Signh is at it again.
This time his sights are set on the ambient light sensors on more recent Apple portables (as well as those cool light up keyboards). Amit lays out how someone can programmatically take advantage of those sensors. Hackers, start you engines.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature