Tinkering with Apple portables' light sensors
He taught the Mac world to wonder again by unearthing the secrets of the Sudden Motion sensor and now Amit Signh is at it again.
This time his sights are set on the ambient light sensors on more recent Apple portables (as well as those cool light up keyboards). Amit lays out how someone can programmatically take advantage of those sensors. Hackers, start you engines.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service