FileMaker ships Universal binaries
Filemaker, today, released FileMaker Pro 8.5, FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced, FileMaker Server 8.0v4 and FileMaker Server 8.0v4 Advanced as Universal Binaries. Now, I know most people don't get too excited about database software, however, Filemaker claims that FileMaker Server is 116% faster on Intel Macs as compared to PowerPC Macs while the desktop client is a mere 91% faster.
Besides those incredible speed increases Filemaker added a few new features, chiefly among them something called 'Live Web Data on Demand.' This allows you to save live webpages to your database, and I think that's pretty cool.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)