ShelfMenu - a menubar clipboard utility
ShelfMenu is a menubar clipboard app that can store just about anything you can copy to Mac OS X's clipboard; images, URLs, text snippets, etc. Your clippings are stored into folders which you can create, rename and move - all while preserving anything you've already clipped to them. ShelfMenu offers two input methods: a simple text editor window, and simply adding the last thing you copied to Mac OS X's clipboard.
This looks like a handy utility for anyone on the hunt for a clipboard application, as it offers an out-of-the-way, yet accessible clipboard that can handle more than simple text snippets. I personally prefer the Quicksilver clipboard plugin, since we're such Quicksilver nuts here at TUAW, but I would probably give ShelfMenu a try if Quicksilver were ever to to be instantly erased from the internets and my Mac overnight.
ShelfMenu is donationware and available from CeMacSoft. I can't track down any information as to whether it is a Tiger-only but it is a Universal Binary. Feel free to let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options