VMware announces Mac client
We knew this was coming, but it is nice to see official confirmation. VMware has just posted pre-registration for their VMware client for Intel Macs. What does this mean? Parallels will have some competition in the Mac virtualization space (remember that virtualization is the technology that allows you to run 'virtual' copies of other OSes on your Mac), amongst other things.
This is a big deal because VMware is a heavy hitter in the Enterprise space, and it is always good to see those kinds of companies come to the Mac. Not to mention this might mean that OS X virtual machines running on non-Apple hardware might soon be possible.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service