VMware announces Mac client
We knew this was coming, but it is nice to see official confirmation. VMware has just posted pre-registration for their VMware client for Intel Macs. What does this mean? Parallels will have some competition in the Mac virtualization space (remember that virtualization is the technology that allows you to run 'virtual' copies of other OSes on your Mac), amongst other things.
This is a big deal because VMware is a heavy hitter in the Enterprise space, and it is always good to see those kinds of companies come to the Mac. Not to mention this might mean that OS X virtual machines running on non-Apple hardware might soon be possible.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs