We overlooked Xcode 3.0 (and Interface Builder 3.0) in all the WWDC hubbub, though I bet that many developers are very happy with the direction Xcode is going in. Xcode 3.0 has new 'iChat like' notifications, as well as speed increases (Apple claims it loads code 4 times faster than before). Xcode 3.0 supports Objective-C 2.0, which itself has new features (including the all important 'garbage collection').
Also new in Xcode 3.0 are Xray, a timeline based way to optimize your app, and Research Assistant which keeps API documentation at your fingertips without being annoying.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter