Make a screensaver for your iPod 5G
I'm not sure why your iPod needs a screensaver, or whether this particular effect can really be called a screensaver, but since several of you have sent us this tip, there must be some interest in it! This how-to is so short I'm going to re-post it all it here:
- create a folder on your iPod named "Demo Mode" - this requires that you have Disk mode enabled on the iPod.
- in iTunes, rename any video "Demo"
- keep the iPod connected and let it and iTunes idle for 2 minutes
- magically the "Demo" video will start to play
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app