Introducing Nike+ Group Goals: donate your miles, run for a cause
Boy, this Nike+ thing just keeps getting cooler and cooler. I just received an email from Nike introducing a new Nike+ Group Goals program through which Nike will donate $1 to a cause for every mile participants run (using the Nike+iPod kit, of course). It appears that causes will rotate periodically, as this month they're featuring three: the Lance Armstrong Foundation and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, as well as Cubs and White Sox charities.
This is a stellar idea, and call me what you have to, but I'm genuinely inspired to finish this post and lace up my shoes; this is such a great way to get people even more motivated. I'm excited to see what other charities and groups hop on board with one of the most arguably unique and active iPod accessories to date.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7