Microsoft speaks about virus laden iPods
Yesterday Apple announced that a small number of 5.5 gen video iPods were infected by a Windows virus and then shipped off to customers. They took this opportunity to mock Windows, which was in poor taste. Apple, you made a mistake and you should have just fessed up to it without the childish name calling.
Microsoft told Rueters, 'We encourage all third party vendors to follow best practices and help protect their users regardless of platform through careful scanning of the software they ship, so that they do not expose their customers to unnecessary risk from malicious software.' That pretty much sums it up right there.
It isn't often that I side with Microsoft against Apple, but this is one of those times.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs