Microsoft speaks about virus laden iPods
Yesterday Apple announced that a small number of 5.5 gen video iPods were infected by a Windows virus and then shipped off to customers. They took this opportunity to mock Windows, which was in poor taste. Apple, you made a mistake and you should have just fessed up to it without the childish name calling.
Microsoft told Rueters, 'We encourage all third party vendors to follow best practices and help protect their users regardless of platform through careful scanning of the software they ship, so that they do not expose their customers to unnecessary risk from malicious software.' That pretty much sums it up right there.
It isn't often that I side with Microsoft against Apple, but this is one of those times.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync