Microsoft speaks about virus laden iPods
Yesterday Apple announced that a small number of 5.5 gen video iPods were infected by a Windows virus and then shipped off to customers. They took this opportunity to mock Windows, which was in poor taste. Apple, you made a mistake and you should have just fessed up to it without the childish name calling.
Microsoft told Rueters, 'We encourage all third party vendors to follow best practices and help protect their users regardless of platform through careful scanning of the software they ship, so that they do not expose their customers to unnecessary risk from malicious software.' That pretty much sums it up right there.
It isn't often that I side with Microsoft against Apple, but this is one of those times.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client