iPod lawsuit ends, America bitterly disappointed
Well, now they've settled. Yesterday, Stephanie handed over her personal white 30G video iPod to Shannon, which she received as a present last Christmas. According to the Naperville Sun, Shannon's mother Melanie McCarthy considered the used video iPod "an insult". Apparently the back and screen were scratched and worn compared to Shannon's new Nano. The iPod will be sold on eBay (search for Derrick iPod -- the listing should go live over the next few days) and the proceeds will go to a junior CrimeStoppers program.
Both girls are reportedly hoping for new iPods for Christmas.
Stephanie Eick. Shannon Derrick. They may not be household names but these girls and their families represent the heart of what it means to...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs