Do iPods cause ear infections?
According to a recent health column in The Australian, iPod earbuds in and of themselves will not cause ear infections. Prolonged use, however, may irritate the ear canal making it more prone to infection. Ear buds can also pick up material from an outer ear infection and transfer it into the inner ear. The risk is pretty slight says column writer Dr. Linda Clabresi. Of more concern to her is the risk to long-term hearing caused by constant exposure to loud music. "Constant loud music will cause a premature deterioration in a person's hearing. A good rule of thumb is if people around you can easily hear what you're listening to via earphones, it's too loud."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)