Do iPods cause ear infections?
According to a recent health column in The Australian, iPod earbuds in and of themselves will not cause ear infections. Prolonged use, however, may irritate the ear canal making it more prone to infection. Ear buds can also pick up material from an outer ear infection and transfer it into the inner ear. The risk is pretty slight says column writer Dr. Linda Clabresi. Of more concern to her is the risk to long-term hearing caused by constant exposure to loud music. "Constant loud music will cause a premature deterioration in a person's hearing. A good rule of thumb is if people around you can easily hear what you're listening to via earphones, it's too loud."
According to a recent health column in The Australian, iPod earbuds in and of themselves will not cause ear infections. Prolonged use,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Camera+ 5 adds 'The Lab' in free update (Updated)
- Scout iOS navigation app is updated with hands-free voice commands
- Just in time for the holidays, iBooks Store adds the ability to send iBooks as gifts
- Just Sing It update polishes the best social karaoke app for singers, fans
- Evernote adds new premium features including business card scanning and presentation modes
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork