Opening .docx files on your Mac
If you're on a Mac and you've got to deal with docx files, EightySevenFour has a great tutorial up on how to recover the text from the file.
Yes, it's more than a bit of a hack--it involves unzipping the file and stripping the text from it--but it may save your butt until a better solution comes along.
I personally haven't had the opportuntity to play with docx, but I strongly suspect that TextEdit may be able to handle the XML better than you might first think.
Do you have some DocX files around. Want to help out? Send one over to our Tips form so I can try to hack away at it myself. Thanks!
Docx. It's the new XML format for Microsoft Word. And it's incompatible with your Mac. Docx files may already be appearing in your...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs