What really got changed in the iPod 1.2.1 update
Last night, we received a tip from an intrepid TUAW reader who pointed us to this page. He thought the page suggested that 1.2.1 update might be more involved than Apple originally stated.
According to Apple, the 1.2.1 video iPod update offered "bug fixes". So the TUAW geeks got to work. We copied the download.ipsw from the firmware into our top secret lab folder. We unzipped it. And then we compared the strings in the Firmware to the strings in the last Firmware release. And found...
Well, we found pretty much nothing. No smoking guns. No new hidden strings. The only changes between the two Firmware files seem to be...um...bug fixes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter