What really got changed in the iPod 1.2.1 update
Last night, we received a tip from an intrepid TUAW reader who pointed us to this page. He thought the page suggested that 1.2.1 update might be more involved than Apple originally stated.
According to Apple, the 1.2.1 video iPod update offered "bug fixes". So the TUAW geeks got to work. We copied the download.ipsw from the firmware into our top secret lab folder. We unzipped it. And then we compared the strings in the Firmware to the strings in the last Firmware release. And found...
Well, we found pretty much nothing. No smoking guns. No new hidden strings. The only changes between the two Firmware files seem to be...um...bug fixes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration